Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Getting Started

Hey everyone,

I will be updating my normal blog on a weekly basis with my weight loss progress among other things, but I wanted somewhere that I could post things more specific that I am doing.  I started this journey back in April, when I saw some pictures of myself that I did not like.  I was pushing 250 pounds and did not feel good about myself or healthy.  I started watching my portion sizes and limiting my carb intake (for the record, I'm only limiting bad carbs, not carbs from fruits and vegetables).  I also started working out with my brother, Jon Scott, at the gym at our church where he works.  I am currently working out 5 days a week and I have lost almost 30 pounds.  This blog will be the place where I keep track of my daily workouts.  Feel free to steal workouts, but make sure you are working with someone who can teach you the correct way to do things.  Eventually, I will have my backlog of workouts listed on this blog, but it may take some time. For now, I will be adding workouts in the evening after I've completed them.

Here are yesterdays and todays:

8/29/16: Cardio/Core

30 minutes on the ARC trainer

Circuit: Complete 4 times through
Squats with arm raises (60 seconds or failure)
Crunches (60 seconds or failure)
Lunges with shoulder press (wall to wall)
Weighted steam engines (wall to wall)
Plank (60 seconds or failure)
Weighted Russian twists (60 seconds or failure)
Bicycles (60 seconds or failure)

8/30/16: Legs

Warm-up: 15 minute Row

Leg Curls (20 reps, 15 reps, 12 reps with increased weight)
Leg Press (20 reps, 20 reps, 20 reps, 20 reps with increased weight, 20 more reps)

Split Squats (10 reps with 10 second hold) 3 times
Split Squats (5 reps, 5 second hold, 5 reps)

Crunches (45 seconds or failure)
Leg Lifts (45 seconds or failure)
Russian Twists (45 seconds or failure)
Bicycles (45 seconds or failure)

Tire Steps: 50

Have a great workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment